We now continue our devotional series on the two-fold calling (to salvation and to service) of Isaiah. Remember in this series we will be looking to learn more about the One who is calling Isaiah, along with the nature of the calls and an examination of the submission to these calls by Isaiah…
If you remember the outline that was given in the Introductory lesson, at the end of our last lesson we came to the end of the section we entitled “The Lord’s revelation of Himself to Isaiah” In that section of Scripture (Isa 6:1-4), we have seen the Lord as:
- The Sovereign Lord who rules over all. (6:1a)
- The One who is Supreme over all. And deserves to be praised by all men. (6:1b)
- The Exclusive One who deserves all of our honor, service and our faithfulness (6:1c)
- The Savior who has purified His people through the fires of salvation, saving them from the fires of eternal punishment (6:2a)
- The Gracious Forgiving Lord who, in spite of His people’s great shame, forgives them and then gives them the privilege to serve Him (6:2b)
- The Holy Lord of Hosts who receives the praise of His people for who He is and what He has done for them. (6:3)
- The Lord of Truth graciously revealing the powerful gospel message to the entire world through the ministry of His people. (6:4)
What a incomprehensible Lord we worship and serve! Psa 145:3 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.
This explains Isaiah’s response to this vision of the Lord in Isa 6:5… (We will begin looking at this verse in our next lesson.)
“Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.”
Let us think about the greatness of our Lord throughout our day and throughout the rest of our lives allowing these thoughts to create a spirit of humility, appreciation and love in our hearts for Him.
May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org