Our next text in this series will be based upon 1 Peter 5:10c…. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you].
One of the many graces the Lord has shown to His people is His gracious call to eternal glory. What a wonderful blessing it is to understand that when we did not desire the things of God, were unable to understand His Word, and were blinded to the need of salvation… God, motivated by His love for us, did not leave us in this condition but intervened in our lives.
He sent to us the gospel message which was empowered by the Spirit. The word through the Spirit’s power gave us a desire to come to Him, opened our eyes to the truths of His Word, and burdened our heart about our need of salvation. It is through this calling that our salvation and future glorification was secured. We can see this calling described in 1 Thess 1:4-5 and Rom 8:29-30….
4) Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. 5) For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.
29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.(see also 2 Thess 2:13-14)
What a wonderful act of His grace drawing us (through this call) to Himself when we had no desire, nor ability, to come to Him (John 6:44)….
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
By understanding our Lord’s call to salvation we can see His grace, His love, His activity among mankind, His power over the Satanic power in this world, and our eternal future is secured.
During this devotional series, we have seen the need to resist Satan’s opposition in our service to Christ. How can knowledge of His call encourage us? …
1. Realizing His love and grace for us motivates us to fight with all of our might. After all we owe Him our all. (Roms 12:1)
2. Realizing He is continually intervening in the affairs of His people, helps us to know that He will always be present and assisting us as seek to serve Him. (Hebs 13:5-6)
3. Realizing His ability to intervene and overcome the powers of Satan, reminds us that we are destined for victory in our war against Satan. (1 John 4:4-6)
4. Realizing our eternal future is secured in Him, helps us to remain encouraged and strengthened in our service to Him. (2 Cor 4:16-18)
Let us remember His gracious call to salvation and use these thoughts to encourage and assure us as we face the Satan opposition.
May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org