Our next devotion will be based upon 1 Peter 5:10…. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you].
In our next section of Scripture, we find some of the benefits that we receive after faithfully standing against the devil. Not only will we receive eternal blessings for our faithfulness in opposition, but we find temporal blessings will directly result as well. These blessings are a partial explanation for the Lord’s allowance of Satanic opposition in a Christian’s life.
What are the temporal blessings that come our way as we firmly stand in our service to the Lord?
1. perfect – to repair, to adjust, to make complete – The Lord “grows us up” , working towards us become mature Christians who are experienced, knowledgeable, understanding, and wise.
2. stablish – to set, to establish, to confirm, – He confirms and supports that which is pleasing to Him in our lives.
3. strength – to hold up, to strengthen, to support – He strengthens the weak areas of our lives that need improvement
4. settled – to build foundation – He then places a foundation under the above three workings in our life, giving them meaning and making “a lasting impression” on our lives.
In other words, as we stand firm against the devil:
1. the Lord then blesses us by maturing us as we experience the opposition;
2. He shows us our areas of strength and emphasizes our need to continue in their path;
3. He shows us areas of weaknesses, and works to improve and strengthen them;
4. and then, finally, He makes all of these changes long-lasting in our lives, as we look back at the trial and continue to apply the lessons we have learned to our future spiritual warfare for Him.
Col 1:21-23 (KJV) And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
As we face opposition to our service for Christ, many times it seems as if the opposition will never be taken from us. It is during these times that we must remember that the Lord is allowing us to “suffer awhile” for our good. He is simply making the way to bless us with these temporal blessings and eternal rewards that are yet to come. May we all patiently bear the burden of Satanic intervention keeping our eyes on Christ and remembering the blessings that are to come.
May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: http://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: email@example.com