The next miracle in our series is Healing a blind mute demoniac …This miracle is recorded for us in Matt 12:22, Luke 11:14
Here is one account of this miracle that is set before us… “And he was casting out a devil, and it was dumb. And it came to pass, when the devil was gone out, the dumb spake; and the people wondered.”
Here we are told the result of this miracle was that the people “wondered” at the workings of Christ. The root word of the word translated “wondered” has three ideas with it:
- “to look closely”, “to examine”
- “to perceive”, “to understand”
- “to appreciate”
Do we “wonder” at the workings of Christ that take place around us? In our lives; in the lives of our acquaintances, friends and family; in the natural world that surrounds us; and in the pages of God’s Word; do we come to a recognition and appreciation of His greatness, authority, strength, and wisdom?
If we find these miracles slipping by the wayside of our minds, let’s follow the three steps outlined the definition of wonder…
- firstly, we need to take a moment to recognize, and then closely examine, the work of Christ that we see taking place.
- Secondly, after our examination of the event we need to come to an understanding of its impact and what it is teaching us about the person, attributes and workings of Christ.
- Finally, we should allow this new understanding of the greatness of Christ work in our hearts to give us a new appreciation and reverence of His supremacy and grace. This should renew a spirit of worship in our hearts and minds.
Let us resolve to never take His workings for granted. When we recognize He is at work, let’s take a moment to process His workings and come to a greater recognition and appreciation of our wonderful Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
May the Lord bless each one of us as we “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: https://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: email@example.com