Our next devotion series will be based upon 1 Peter 5:8-11….
8) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9) Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 10) But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you]. 11) To him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
In this section of Scripture we have, at the least, four different issues being addressed….
1. How do we stand against Satan… Vs 8,9
2. How does Satan work and what is he trying to accomplish …. Vs 8, 9
3. Why does the Lord allow Satan to work in our lives…. Vs 10
4. What does the Lord do on our behalf to uphold us during Satanic attacks… vs 10
By God’s grace, upon completion of this series, we will have a better understanding of how we can successfully stand against Satan and those influenced by him.
But to begin our series I would like us to look at another section of Scripture…
Eph 6:10-13 (KJV)
10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11) Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. 13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
In these few verses we see the importance of standing against Satan and the powers of darkness being presented to us. Please note we are told to….
1. “be strong in the Lord”- we are to find strength to oppose Satan in our standing with the Lord.
As saved, we are a members of His family, the servants of light, loved By Him and new creatures in Him.
Our position in Christ clearly shows us we are no longer a part of the powers of darkness, we have been separated to His glory, honor and service. Folks we can stand confidently against Satan knowing that we are children of the King!
2. “be strong… in the power of His might”- we serve an Almighty Sovereign Lord. He will give us what is needed to receive victory over Satan and his powers.
3. “put on the whole armour of God” – By equipping ourselves in the Lord’s way, with His armor, we will be prepared to war with Satan and be victorious in that war.
4. “and having done all to stand” – After we follow the Lord’s instructions to equip ourselves for this war, we then can be prepared to stand and oppose the works of Satan. We can know He is with us and will give us the victory. He will not allow Satan to overcome His people.
If you notice, in all of the above the basic principle is this….. if we rely on our own abilities, wisdom and strength we will always fail in our service to Him. If however, we look to the Lord, recognize His love for us, consider our standing in Him, and equip ourselves as He desires, we can face Satan without fear knowing He will give us the victory. After all … “…we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” Roms 8:37.
This is why we will be studying 1 Pet 5:8-11, to show us GOD’s WAY in opposing Satan. We cannot do it on our own.
May the Lord bless us as we “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: https://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: email@example.com