Proverbs Concerning: Our Relationship To Wisdom & Understanding: Prov 3:19-20
19) The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. 20) By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.
We now continue by looking at several proverbs that address the proper relationship we should have towards the blessings of wisdom and understanding. In this section we will be looking at the author of all wisdom.
19) The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.
Solomon now gives us proof-positive that our Lord is the Originator of all wisdom. His proof for us is founded in nature, which is the indisputable witness of God as the ultimate Source of all wisdom. Solomon, through divine inspiration, proves this truth through three examples of God’s interaction with nature around us…
1. The creation and preservation of the earth. God set in place all the elements of nature causing them to exist and work together harmoniously.
2. The creation and preservation of the heavens. God set up, ordered, and aligned the heavens so that they would exist and be maintained under His guiding hand.
“He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heaven by his understanding.” (Jeremiah 51:15)
Both the existence and upholding of the earth and the heavens is proof of His great wisdom and understanding.
“O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all:… “(Psalms 104:24)
20) By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.
3. The great flood during Noah’s day. The Lord caused the fountains of the earth to bring forth water and the clouds to send forth rain for the first time in history. Both of these worked in unity to bring about His desired goal… the overflowing of the world by water.
“In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.” (Genesis 7:11)
Let’s never take nature for granted. It is a living witness of the knowledge, understanding and wisdom of its Creator. As we look at His wonderful interaction with His creation, let’s always keep in mind that it was through His great wisdom that these all came into existence. And it is through this same wisdom that they continue to be maintained and used by Him for His glory.
The Possessor of this great creative, maintaining wisdom is now offering His wisdom to us. By His grace, as we search His Word, we can receive that wisdom, and in doing so, we will enhance both our physical and spiritual life.
By God’s grace, let us all study these proverbs diligently, giving them the value that they deserve.
May the Lord bless us as we receive this sound wisdom and then “Think On These Things”.
SIH Homepage: http://www.settledinheaven.org
SIH Text Blog: https://settledinheaven.wordpress.com/all-about-salvation/
SIH Video Blog: http://youtube.com/settledinheaven/
SIH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org