Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
At the revelation of Christ as the One worthy to open the seven-sealed scroll, we see the heavenly angels and the saints singing a song of praise in honor to Him. In this song, they give a listing of seven things that He is worthy to receive from His people. His worthiness is based upon His work and the eternal blessings He has given to them.
Christ is worthy to receive…
- power – all of man’s and angel’s life accomplishments should be aimed at honoring God
- riches – all of man’s and angel’s wealth and possession should be dedicated to pleasing Him
- wisdom – all of man’s and angel’s application of truth to their lives should be to glorify Him
- strength – all of man’s and angel’s strength should be exercised to accomplish His will
- honour – man’s and angel’s valuation of Him should see Him as priceless
- glory – man’s and angel’s actions should be done to illuminate and reveal Him to the world.
- blessing – man’s and angel’s words should always speak highly and honorably of Him.
After all He has done for us He deserves these things from us. We do Him no favors by serving Him, worshipping Him and placing Him first in all things…
As we go about our day, living our lives and accomplishing much… we may always do everything with His honor and glory in mind.
Why do we want to do a good job at our work? To bring honor to Him, the One who has enabled us to do the work placed before us.
Why do we want to love our spouse and go “above and beyond” for them? To honor Christ as the One who loved us and went far beyond for us.
Why do we want to raise our children in a way that is pleasing to Him? To bring praise to His name.
Why do we want to tell others about Him and all He had done for us? To glorify Him and to share Christ with those who are in need of Him.
He is worthy to receive all these from us…. it is only our “reasonable service” as living sacrifices for Him! May we all live for Him today and the rest of our lives!
For an in depth look at this section of the Revelation:
Reblogged this on My Delight and My Counsellors.
It is not enough to know Christ has power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing; if we are to worship Him we must know He is worthy of it! Thank you for this devotional!
Very well said SJ. Lord bless.