INTRODUCTION TO OUR SERIES:
Folks, as the New Year comes upon us, we are reminded that we are embarking on a new part of our life’s journey that is filled with many unknowns. These unknown events can challenge a Christian’s faith to its very core. This is the reason that I felt it was important to take a few devotional lessons and address keys to “Entering The Unknown By Faith”.
In this six part devotional series, we will be looking at Isaiah 42:16. This is a wonderful text to use in this devotional series. In this series, we will learn about how to handle unforeseen, challenging life events based upon our trust in the Lord and His enabling graces.
Lord willing, by His grace alone, we will be uncovering the wisdom found in God’s Word that will help us to handle all the “unknowns” that this New Year will hold for us.
Our devotionals will be looking at:
1. Dec 26th – Our Uncertain Future…. Faith Is The Key!
2. Dec 27th – Our Blindness To The Events Our Future Holds
3. Dec 28th – Our Future Holds Events We Have Never Experienced
4. Dec 29th – Our Future Is Revealed To Us One Event At A Time… In The Lord’s Time
5. Dec 30th – Our Future Events May Be Hard To Maneuver But The Lord Straightens Them Out
6. Dec 31st – Our Lord Will Care For Us Every Passing Day
May the Lord bless our study!
Isa 42:16 KJV
The Lord promises He will care for us in our future situations. He will not turn His back to us.
Isa 42:16d KJV – “These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.”
Throughout this series, we have seen the Lord make a series of promises to His people….
1. “And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not;”- He will lead us into situations we cannot foresee
2. “I will lead them in paths that they have not known:” – He will lead us into situations we are not experienced to handle
3. “I will make darkness light before them,” – He will reveal to us our future events in His way and in His time.
4. “I will make…crooked things straight.” – The Lord will clear the way for us to victoriously serve Him in the midst of situations
And His final promises made in this text is:
5. “These things will I do unto them” – to keep His previous promises
6. “and not forsake them” – and to not abandon us
What a blessing it is for us to know He affirms these are promises that we can rely upon and He will not leave us destitute when the future difficult events of life come upon us…
A. Our Lord is in absolute control of our lives and every event that enters into them.
Isa 46:10 KJV- “Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:”
B. Everything that will take place will be either sent or allowed to come into our lives and they will result in our benefit and His glory.
Rom 8:28 KJV – ”And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
C. He will never walk away from us or turn His back on us. He will always be there every step of the way.
Heb 13:5 KJV – “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
Folks, as we enter into this New Year, if we have a living relationship with the Lord God, Jesus Christ, we have nothing to fear, nor do we have reason to be anxious or concerned… He has promised us these things and reaffirmed them to us several times in His Word. We can count on Him to keep these promises to us.
May the Lord bless each one of us with His grace and peace as we enter this New Year trusting Him every step of the way!
Psa 25:4-7 KJV –
“Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness’ sake, O LORD.”